We are looking for a Senior Java developer to 5 member team in Bratislava for our client.
The team is responsible for several own developed applications used by Group Finance department. This portfolio varies from traditional client-server applications, batch jobs processing large amount of data, interfaces to integrate various systems, to SOAP/ReST web services and web applications. These applications run in the cloud, but also on IBM mainframe.
Your main task will be to design, develop, test and deploy new components, as well as maintain and support existing applications. You will be involved in all phases of the project collaborating on daily basis with our colleagues in Zurich. Projects include the implementation of challenging business functions both on server and the client side.
- Team members are responsible for technical design of the solution in a close cooperation with each other and the business/IT project lead.
- The team provides guidance on technology, implementation and methodology during the implementation of the software solution. The team proposes solutions to complex technical and business problems with respect of existing solutions.
- You will be responsible and accountable for the delivery of components in good quality and on time according to company standards. Testing is essential part of daily work.
- You will be collaborate with business and other programming teams in an international and multicultural setup to ensure solutions. properly meet business requirements and expectations.
- You will be able to work independently on sub-projects without close supervision.
- During all project phases, you will be providing technical expertise and make use of our extensive experience in software development technologies to build applications.
- You will be responsible for the documentation of the technical solution, the data model and the implementation.
- You will contribute to the respective change management process.
- Important part of your job is providing maintenance and support to guarantee high application availability.
- You will work in close cooperation within the project and department across different locations.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- solid knowledge and experience in object-oriented software development (Java, J2EE, Eclipse, Spring, Hibernate, Maven, XML)
- solid knowledge of SQL and deep understanding of data modeling
- experience working with source control tools and are familiar with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools
- practiced automated testing and you're comfortable working in a test driven environment
- familiar with Agile software development principles
- good level of communication and commitment to work in a decentralized team
- able to prioritize tasks, delegate and drive objections to completion
- self-starting attitude, can deal with stress and work independently
- experienced in IT topics and tasks and passionate about new trends and developments
- flexible and open for new tasks with mindset for continuous learning.
- opportunity to lead subprojects.
- experience with BPM, .NET or Angular development is an advantage
Not a good fit for this position? Refer us a friend we successfully place and receive 180/300 EUR shopping voucher! For more information go to email
- Salary review: re-evaluated yearly,
- Annual Performance bonus: depends on company results and individual performance
- Home office: requires approval of line manager (but on this position around 40%)
- 5 additional days of holiday
- Lunch allowance
- Sick leave
- Online and classroom trainings – Language education, professional and leadership trainings, technical trainings, external education
- Public Transport Benefit
- Child birth support
- Discounts: Wellness & relax discounts, sport discounts, other discounts (gastronomy, fashion, activities to living and more), Sphere card
Candidate's agreement about protection of personal data
By responding to this job offer, I hereby grant CPL Jobs s.r.o., domiciled at Vysoká street no. 14, 811 06 Bratislava in Slovak Republic, Identification Number: 35881895, a company registered in the Commercial Register of District Court Bratislava I, Section Sro, Insert No. 31323/B (hereinafter "CPL" ) my consent to the processing of all of my personal data provided to CPL for the purpose of realization of the recruitment process for the job position I am applying for, or any other relevant job position in the future. I also hereby agree to the processing of data associated with my physical identity, if the data I provided include my photograph. In addition to the aforementioned, I hereby declare that all information provided is accurate, correct and up to date and agree to its provision and disclosure to third parties, primarily, to other branches of the CPL group and to clients of CPL, within the scope of the purpose for which the data was acquired, which is the realization of the recruitment process for a job position. This consent is granted until the delivery of my self-signed written appeal of this consent to CPL.
Requirements on employee